New user register
WRU Online Child Protection Course
Welcome to the Welsh Rugby Union Online Child Protection & Best Practice Course.
*This course has now been accredited for 'one' professional development point (CPD).*
This course, designed in partnership with WT Associates LTD (Specialist Child Protection & Risk Management Consultancy), provides a basic level of awareness and training to help safeguard children and young people within rugby. It also explains best practice and what to do if you have a concern regarding child protection.
Should you have any specific questions or concerns that are not covered in the course you should contact the WRU Child Protection Unit or, if the matter is urgent, your local police or Childrens's Services.
All coaches, officials, volunteers and parents/helpers working with or responsible for persons under 18 within rugby, should undertake this course as a minimum requirement. Some roles will require a higher level of training, see WRU for further information.
Although this course is subsidised by WRU you will need to make a small payment of £7.60 via credit card or PayPal.(You may be able to claim this back from your club)
This course has now been accredited for 'one' professional development point (CPD).
The following steps will need to be taken:
***ENSURE YOU ENTER YOUR FULL NAME AS YOUR USERNAME - AS THIS WILL BE THE NAME THAT APPEARS ON YOUR CERTIFICATE***
1. Click on the Register button link below
2. Click on the 'Buy Now' ( with credit card signs below).This takes you to Paypal.
3. Purchase course via credit card (complete the box on the left with card type) or by using an existing PayPal account [ensure that once you have paid you click 'Return to Online Course']
4. Create your course user account
5. Undertake the course
6. Obtain your certificate - Course complete
####You have 3 months from payment to complete the course####
If you are already a user, please click below.